Summer Hours (May 15 to Sept. 3, 2018):
Open daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Winter Hours (Sept. 4, 2018 to May 14, 2019):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, and Easter Monday.
515 MacKenzie Blvd.
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 4X3
- Adult (18 to 64): $11
- Senior (65 and older): $8
- Youth (7 to 17): $7
- Child (0 to 6): Free
- Family (2 adults and youths to a maximum of 8 people): $29
- Experience Alberta's History Annual Pass Holders: Free
- Cultural Access Pass Holders: Free
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne Card): Free
- Group Bookings (15 people or more): Discounted admission if pre-booked
- Visitor information services
- Gift shop
- Picnic tables
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pre-booked groups of 15 or more people receive 20% off the total admission price.
- In order to receive the group discount, one payment must be made for the entire group. (Each person cannot pay individually.)
- Group visit bookings include access to all exhibits and public programs offered as part of the regular daily schedule. To see the daily schedule, please visit our Programs page.
- To book, please email us at email@example.com or phone 780-743-7167 ext. 226.
- See our Oil Sands Experience page for more information about a private program.
- The Oil Sands Discovery Centre offers a full range of curriculum-based education programs. See our school programs page for more information and for a full list of program offerings.
- To book, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-743-7167 ext. 241.
- The Oil Sands Discovery Centre is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchairs are available for public use
- Certified service animals are allowed onsite
- The Discovery Shop is operated by Fort McMurray Tourism and is open during regular Visitor Information Centre hours. Please email Fort McMurray Tourism at email@example.com for more information or call 780-791-4336.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Discovery Centre, but are allowed on the grounds.
- Plan to spend between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
- Try to catch one of our hot water extraction demos for an explanation of how bitumen is extracted from oil sand.
- Check out our daily films and demonstrations schedule to see what's happening before you visit.
- Free public parking
- Bus and RV (recreational vehicle) parking is available
- No overnight parking